Types of Reports
- Incident Reports – covers things such as burglaries, thefts, criminal mischief, etc.
- Accident Reports – covers motor vehicle accidents
- Calls For Service – includes call notes from Dispatch
Costs for Reports – Per the Attorney General
- Incident Reports and Calls for Service Reports – $4.00 each
- Accident Reports – $5.00 each
- Standard Copy fee – $.10 per page
- Certified Copies – $3.30 each
- Return Receipt – $2.70 + Postage
- DVD – $3.00 per disc
- CD – $1.00 per disc
Personnel Labor Fee (for any request requiring extensive research) – $15.00 per hour *Additional charges, not listed here, may apply.
Open Records Request Form
Persons who wish to request information are not required to use this form, however, as all requests for information must be received in writing (Texas Government Code, Section 552.301(a)), this form is being provided for the requester’s convenience.
There are 3 portions on this form, and they are as follows:
- Public Information Report – If the information that is available to the public is all that is desired, this portion of the form is all that the requestor would need to complete.
- Other – If specific documents or other pieces of information are desired, the requester should state specifically in this section which documents or pieces of information that they wish to receive (for example, narratives, photographs, statements, etc.)
- Accident Reports – Per Texas Transportation Code Section 550.065, if a requester wishes to receive an accident report, two (2) of the three (3) pieces of information listed in this section (Date of Accident, Location, Driver) must be provided in this section of the request form.
Acceptable Methods for Submitting Requests
The request form should be signed by the requestor, provided their printed name, current mailing address, and a phone number where the requestor can be reached. The form may be submitted in one of several ways; in person at the Bellmead Police Department, via fax at 254-412- 7559, via mail to 701 Maxfield Street, Bellmead, TX, 76705, or via email to email@example.com.
- Texas Attorney General Open Government site: texas-attorney-general
- Texas Attorney General – “How to Request Information: how-to-request-public-information
- TxDOT Forms, including “Cr-2 (Driver’s Crash Report)”, also known as the “Blue Form”: most-requested-forms
- Bellmead Police Department: Bellmead-Police-Department